Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Knock Sensor: Service and Repair
NOTE: The left sensor is identified by an identification tag (LEFT) (2). It is also identified by a larger bolt head. The Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) must have and know the correct sensor left/right positions. Do not mix the sensor locations.
1. Thoroughly clean knock sensor mounting holes.
2. Install sensors (1) into cylinder block.
NOTE: Over or under tightening the sensor mounting bolts will affect knock sensor performance, possibly causing improper spark
control. Always use the specified torque when installing the knock sensors. The torque for the knock senor bolt is relatively light for an 8
NOTE: Note foam strip on bolt threads. This foam is used only to retain the bolts to sensors for plant assembly. It is not used as a sealant. Do
not apply any adhesive, sealant or thread locking compound to these bolts.
3. Install and tighten mounting bolts. Tighten to 15 +/- 2 ft.lbs. (20 Nm) (176 in.lbs).
4. Connect knock sensor wiring harness to engine harness at rear of intake manifold.
5. Install intake manifold See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust/Engine/Intake Manifold/Service and Repair/Intake Manifold - Installation.