Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Powertrain Management > Computers and Control Systems > Relays and Modules - Computers and Control Systems > Engine Control Module > Component Information > Testing and Inspection > SKREEM Programming > Page 3999
6. Replace the ECM with the appropriate Generic ECM. Refer to the detailed service information available in TechCONNECT, under: Service Info,
8-Electrical, Electronic Control Module, Engine Control Module, Removal.
7. Program the ECM as follows:
a. Using the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent at the "Home" screen, Select "ECU View"
Highlight the appropriate calibration based on the part number recorded in Step 5.
g. Select "Download to Scantool".
Highlight the listed calibration.
Select "Update Controller". Follow on screen instructions.
k. When the update is complete, select "OK".
Verify the part number at the top of the "Flash ECM" screen has updated to the new part number.
8. Is "WCM - Wireless Control Module" displayed in the "ECU Overview" screen list of modules?
a. Yes >> go to STEP 9.
9. Program the ECM to the Wireless Control Module (WCM).
a. Highlight the WCM.
When complete proceed to STEP 10.
10. Program the VIN into the ECM.
a. Scroll through the list of controllers and highlight the ECM.
cursor to the right of the last box and then backspace to delete the boxes from the window. Enter the VIN. Select "Finish" after completing the
Unplug the scan tool from the Data Link Connector.
g. At the "Vehicle Disconnected" screen, press "OK".
NOTE: Due to the ECM programming procedure, a DTC may be set in other modules (TCM, BCM, MIC, SKREEM, etc.) within the
NOTE: The following step is required by law when reprogramming a ECM and/or TCM.
11. Type the necessary information on the "Authorized Modification Label" p/n 04275086AB and attach near the VECI label.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|