Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Camshaft Position Sensor: Service and Repair
Camshaft Position Sensor - Installation
1. Clean out machined hole in cylinder head.
2. Apply a small amount of engine oil to sensor O-ring.
3. Install sensor (3) into cylinder head (1) with a slight rocking and twisting action.
CAUTION: Before tightening sensor mounting bolt, be sure sensor is completely flush to cylinder head. If sensor is not flush, damage to
sensor mounting tang may result.
4. Install mounting bolt (2) and tighten to 12 Nm (106 in. lbs.).
5. Connect electrical connector to sensor.