Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
REPAIR PROCEDURE USING SOFTWARE UPDATE CD TO RETRIEVE THE FLASH FILE:
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
NOTE: For detailed information on the operation of the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent, refer to the Quick Reference documentation provided in
the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent documentation kit. In addition, more recent information may also be available at the www.dcctools.com
website. Look under Training Aids and also under Download Center > Frequently Asked Questions for more help.
1. Open the hood, install a battery charger and verify that the charging rate provides approximately 13.5 volts. Set the battery charger timer to
maintain the charging voltage for the duration of the flash process.
2. Connect the CH9404 StarSCAN(R) or equivalent vehicle cable to the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent and the vehicle.
3. Power ON the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent.
4. Retrieve the old ECU part number. Using the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent at the "Home" screen:
a. Select "ECU View"
b. Touch the screen to highlight the PCM in the list of modules.
c. Select "More Options"
d. Select "ECU Flash"
e. Record the part number at the top of the "Flash PCM" screen for later reference.
5. Replace the PCM with the appropriate Generic PCM. Refer to the detailed service information available in TechCONNECT, under: Service Info,
8-Electrical, Electronic Control Module, Powertrain Control Module, Removal.
6. Insert the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent Software Update CD into the TechCONNECT or equivalent PC. The StarSCAN(R) or equivalent Software
Update CD will start automatically. Select "Download Flash Updates".
7. At the "Select a method for looking up controller flash updates. " screen:
a. Select "Enter part number". Enter the "Part Number" recorded in STEP 4 when prompted to do so.
b. Using the mouse highlight the appropriate "Calibration". Select "Next".
c. Follow the on screen instructions.
d. When completed, proceed to STEP 8.
8. With the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent powered OFF, connect the USB Key and Gender Changer to the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent USB port.
9. Connect the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent to the vehicle (if not already connected).
10. Power ON the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent.
11. Download the flash file from the USB key to the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent. Using the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent at the "Home" screen:
a. Select "Flash Download", then select "Retrieve files from the USB storage device"
b. Highlight the appropriate calibration. Select "Download to Scan Tool"
c. When the download is complete, select "Close" and "Back".
12. Reprogram the ECU. Using the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent at the "Home" screen:
a. Select "ECU View".