Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Powertrain Management > Relays and Modules - Computers and Control Systems > Engine Control Module > Component Information > Testing and Inspection > SKREEM Programming > Page 528
REPAIR PROCEDURE USING SOFTWARE UPDATE CD TO RETRIEVE THE FLASH FILE:
NOTE: If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted.
NOTE: For detailed information on the operation of the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent, refer to the Quick Reference documentation provided in
1. Open the hood, install a battery charger and verify that the charging rate provides approximately 13.5 volts. Set the battery charger timer to
maintain the charging voltage for the duration of the flash process.
2. Connect the CH9404 StarSCAN(R) or equivalent vehicle cable to the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent and the vehicle.
a. Select "ECU View"
5. Replace the PCM with the appropriate Generic PCM. Refer to the detailed service information available in TechCONNECT, under: Service Info,
8-Electrical, Electronic Control Module, Powertrain Control Module, Removal.
6. Insert the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent Software Update CD into the TechCONNECT or equivalent PC. The StarSCAN(R) or equivalent Software
Update CD will start automatically. Select "Download Flash Updates".
7. At the "Select a method for looking up controller flash updates. " screen:
a. Select "Enter part number". Enter the "Part Number" recorded in STEP 4 when prompted to do so.
8. With the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent powered OFF, connect the USB Key and Gender Changer to the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent USB port.
9. Connect the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent to the vehicle (if not already connected).
10. Power ON the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent.
a. Select "Flash Download", then select "Retrieve files from the USB storage device"
12. Reprogram the ECU. Using the StarSCAN(R) or equivalent at the "Home" screen:
a. Select "ECU View".
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|