Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Sensors and Switches > Sensors and Switches - Lighting and Horns > Brake Light Switch > Component Information > Description and Operation > Page 1210
Brake Light Switch: Adjustments
BRAKE LAMP SWITCH
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury on vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) before
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Panel/Service and Repair/Steering Column Opening Cover - Removal.
3. Depress and hold the brake pedal in the depressed position.
CAUTION: Brake booster damage may occur if the brake pedal pull exceeds about 9 kilograms (20 pounds).
5. Release the brake pedal. Then pull the pedal lightly upward to its normal at-rest position. The pedal will set the plunger to the correct position as
the pedal pushes the plunger into the switch housing. The switch plunger will make a light audible ratcheting noise as it self-adjusts.
6. Reinstall the steering column opening cover onto the instrument panel. See: Body and Frame/Interior Moulding / Trim/Dashboard / Instrument
Panel/Service and Repair/Steering Column Opening Cover - Installation.
7. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|