Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Sensors and Switches > Sensors and Switches - Wiper and Washer Systems > Wiper Switch > Component Information > Service and Repair > Removal > Page 1807
Wiper Switch: Service and Repair
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury on vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) before
1. Position the right multi-function switch (2) close enough to the mounting bracket (3) integral to the right side of the clockspring to reconnect the
jumper wire harness connector (1) to the connector receptacle on the inboard side of the switch housing.
2. Align the slide tabs on the switch housing with the channel formations integral to the clockspring mounting bracket, then slide the switch into the
bracket until it is firmly seated.
3. Install and tighten the screw (2) that secures the mounting tab on the back of the right multi-function switch (1) to the mounting bracket on the
clockspring (3). Tighten the screw to 1 Nm (10 in. lbs.).
4. Reinstall the upper and lower shrouds onto the steering column. See: Steering and Suspension/Steering/Steering Column/Steering Column
Cover/Service and Repair/Installation.
5. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|