ENGINE - V8
1. Clean camshaft bearings in block.
2. Clean camshaft.
3. Wipe camshaft bearing faces and lobes.
4. Clean thrust plate and mating face.
5. Lubricate camshaft bearings with clean engine
6. Fit camshaft, take care not to damage camshaft
7. Lubricate thrust plate and mating face with
clean engine oil.
8. Position thrust plate, fit and tighten bolts to 22
Nm (17 lbf.ft).
9. Fit timing chain and gears.
10. Immerse tappets in engine oil. Before fitting,
pump the inner sleeve of tappet several times
using a push rod to prime the tappets.
11. Clean tappet bores.
12. Lubricate tappets and tappet bores with clean
13. Fit tappets.
14. Clean push rods.
15. Lubricate tappet end of push rods with clean
16. Fit push rods.
17. Clean bases of rocker pillars and mating faces.
18. Clean contact surfaces on rockers and valves.
19. Lubricate contact surfaces on rockers and
valves with clean engine oil.
20. Fit rocker shafts and engage push rods. Ensure
rockers shafts are fitted to the correct cylinder
21. Fit and progressively tighten rocker shaft bolts
to 40 Nm (30 lbf.ft).
22. Fit inlet manifold gasket.