Land Rover Workshop Manuals
LR3 (LA) V8-4394cc 4.4L (2005)
Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Powertrain Management > Relays and Modules - Fuel Delivery and Air Induction > Fuel Pump Control Unit > Component Information > Diagrams > Diagram Information and Instructions > Page 659
The following process should be used when carrying out a repair:
1. Using the wire cutter/stripper, cut the wire to be repaired and strip the required amount of insulation from the wire.
CAUTION: The crimping tool jaws perform two different crimps simultaneously: one crimps the wire insulation; one crimps the bare wire.
6. The crimping tool contains three sets of jaws. The jaw colors correspond to the splice connector color. Select the correct jaw and crimp the splice
connector to the harness bare-end wire.
7. Using the tool, crimp the pre-terminated lead to the splice connector.
Place the asbestos blanket in a suitable position to avoid heat damage to adjacent components and trim.
Do not overheat the repair as degradation and subsequent failure of the connection may result.
8. Slide the previously fitted heat shrink sleeve into position over the splice connector. Using the hot-air gun to the manufacturer's guidelines, apply
heat evenly to the heat shrink sleeve until it is tightly shrunk around the splice connector.
9. Connect the repaired wire to the connector housing.
10. Repeat steps 1 to 9 for any further damaged wires.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|