Range Rover Classic
CRUISE CONTROL - V8i
CAUTION: Do not engage cruise control
when vehicle is being used in low transfer
gear or reverse.
WARNING: The use of cruise control is not
recommended on winding, snow covered
or slippery roads or in heavy traffic
conditions where a constant speed cannot be
1. Start engine, depress main control switch to
actuate cruise control system. Accelerate to
approximately 50 km/h, (30 mph), operate
’set/acc’ switch, immediately release switch,
remove foot from accelerator pedal. Vehicle
should maintain speed at which ’set/acc’ switch
2. Operate ’set/acc’ switch and hold at that
position, vehicle should accelerate smoothly until
switch is released. Vehicle should now maintain
new speed at which ’set/acc’ switch was
3. Momentarily touch and release ’set/acc’ switch,
vehicle speed should increase 1.6 km/h (1 mph)
for each touch. Note that five touches will
increase speed 8 km/h (5 mph).
4. Apply ’res/decel’ switch while vehicle is in cruise
control mode, cruise control should disengage.
Slow to approximately 55 km/h, (35 mph)
operate ’res/decel’ switch, immediately release
switch and remove foot from accelerator, vehicle
should smoothly accelerate to previously set
speed. Increase speed using accelerator pedal,
release pedal, vehicle should return to previously
5. Operate brake pedal, cruise control system
should immediately disengage returning vehicle
to driver control at accelerator pedal. Operate
’res/decel’ switch, vehicle should accelerate to
previously set speed without driver operation of
6. Operate ’res/decel’ switch and allow vehicle to
decelerate to below 42 km/h, (26 mph). Operate
’res/decel’ switch, cruise control system should
7. Operate ’set/acc’ switch below 40 km/h, (28
mph), cruise control system should remain
disengaged. Accelerate, using accelerator pedal
to above 45 km/h, (28 mph), operate ’res/decel’
switch, and remove foot from accelerator pedal,
vehicle should smoothly adjust to previously
8. Automatic vehicles - select neutral, system
should disengage. Manual vehicles - depress
clutch, system should disengage.
9. Cruise at 80 km/h (50 mph), declutch, select
neutral, remove foot from clutch. Operate
’res/decel’ switch. Engine should rev to 5000
rev/min, cruise control disengages, engine
returns to idle.
10. Engage forward gear. Operate ’res/decel’
switch. Remove foot from accelerator. Speed
should accelerate to previous set speed.
11. Depress main control switch in control system
should immediately disengage and erase
previously set speed from ECU memory.
Electrical Trouble Shooting Manual.