Continental V8-281 4.6L DOHC VIN V MFI (1997)
Multifunction Electronic Control Module: Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview
Inspection and Verification
1. Verify the vehicle owner's concern.
2. Inspect to determine if one of the following electrical concerns apply:
Visual Inspection Chart - Electrical
- Check electrical connections for obvious damage, opens or shorts.
3. Inspect C251-2, C251-7 and C251-10 on the Data Link Connector (DLC) for loose, bent, deformed, corroded or broken pins. If pin is damaged,
service or replace pin, verify communication with Rotunda New Generation Star Tester 007-00500 or equivalent.
4. If the concern(s) remains after the inspection, continue with New Generation Star Tester Driven Diagnosis. See: Reading and Clearing Diagnostic
Trouble Codes/Displaying and Reading Trouble Codes/New Generation Star Tester Driven Diagnosis