Town Car V8-4.6L VIN W (1997)
Keyless Entry Module: Service and Repair
1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
2. Remove LH front door trim panel.
3. Disconnect body main wiring from driver door module.
4. Remove two screws retaining driver door module to front door and remove driver door module.
1. Follow removal procedure in reverse order.
2. Enter the five-digit permanent entry code into the keyless entry keypad.
NOTE: The permanent entry code for the driver door module is viewed by requesting PID: KEYCODE on Rotunda New Generation Star Tester
007-00500 or equivalent.
3. Within five seconds of pressing the last button of the permanent code, press the 1/2 button on the keyless entry keypad.
4. Within five seconds of pressing the 1/2 button on the keyless entry keypad, press LOCK button on first keyless entry remote transmitter.
5. Within five seconds of pressing LOCK button on first keyless entry remote transmitter, press any button on second keyless entry remote
transmitter. Repeat this procedure for up to four transmitters.
NOTE: If keyless entry keypad illumination goes out before all transmitters are programmed into the driver door module, this process must be
repeated, beginning with step 2.
6. Observe door locks. The doors will lock then unlock after each successful transmitter reprogramming.