Frontier XE 4WD L4-2.4L (KA24DE) (1998)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service and Repair
DISARMING AIR BAGS
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait for at least 3 minutes.
2. Disconnect Air Bag Module connector.
CAUTION: For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any
air bag system connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
CAUTION: Do not use electrical test equipment on any circuit related to the SRS unless instructed. SRS wiring harnesses are covered with
yellow insulation either just before the harness connectors or on the complete harness, for easy identification.
ARMING AIR BAGS
1. Connect Air Bag Module connector.
2. Connect both battery cables.
3. Conduct Self-diagnosis to ensure entire SRS operates properly. Refer to Testing and Inspection / Self-Diagnostic Procedures.