Intrigue V6-3.8L VIN K (1998)
Alarm Module: Service and Repair
BCM/THEFT DETERRENT PROGRAMMING
During BCM related service, there are several procedures designated to set-up the BCM correctly. Before you start, read these procedures
carefully and completely.
SETUP NEW BCM
Scan Tool (Tech 2)
Failure to perform the Setup New BCM procedure, the BCM will not function properly.
Upon finishing successfully with the Setup New BCM procedure, you must proceed with the Theft Deterrent Re-Learn procedure. Failure to
perform the Theft Deterrent Re-Learn procedure after a BCM replacement, the vehicle may not be protected against theft by the Passlock
system, or the engine will not crank or start.
Perform this procedure after replacing the BCM on the vehicle:
1. Connect a Tech 2 scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC) in the vehicle.
2. Select DIAGNOSTICS under MAIN MENU.
3. Input all of the required data when prompted by the Tech 2 scan tool.
4. Turn the ignition switch on.
5. At the Body Control Module MAIN MENU screen, select SPECIAL FUNCTIONS.
6. At the SPECIAL FUNCTION MAIN MENU screen, select BCM reprogramming.
7. Input the correct VIN information when prompted by the Tech 2 scan tool.
8. After you have answered the RFA inquiry, the Tech 2 scan tool will display NOW SETTING UP THE NEW BODY CONTROL MODULE
for a few seconds, followed by BODY CONTROL MODULE SETUP IS COMPLETE. If the scan tool indicates that it is unable to complete
the Setup New BCM, the Communication link has been broken. Re-connect DLC connector and start procedure over.
9. Check for BCM Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and erase the DTCs.
10. Press EXIT repeatedly until the MAIN MENU screen is viewed.
11. Disconnect the Tech 2 scan tool from the DLC.
12. Turn the ignition switch off.
13. Perform the Theft Deterrent Re-Learn procedure. The vehicle will not work properly if the Theft Deterrent Re-Learn procedure is not
THEFT DETERRENT RE-LEARN
Perform this procedure when:
BCM has been replaced in the vehicle and the Setup New BCM procedure has been successfully completed.
Ignition key cylinder assembly has been replaced.
There are three ways of performing the Theft Deterrent Re-Learn procedure, depending on the type of Techline equipment available:
1. Techline terminal and a Tech 2 scan tool (quickest).
2. T-50 or T-60.
3. Re-Learn without a scan tool or Techline equipment (slowest).
THEFT DETERRENT RE-LEARN USING TECHLINE EQUIPMENT AND TECH 2 SCAN TOOL
1. Connect the Tech 2 to the Data Link Connector DLC on the vehicle.
2. At the Tech 2 scan tool main menu, select SERVICE PROGRAMMING.
3. Enter the requested vehicle information, then select REQUEST INFO.
4. Disconnect the Tech 2 scan tool from the vehicle.
5. Connect the Tech 2 scan tool to the Techilne terminal.
6. Select SERVICE PROGRAMMING SYSTEM (SPS).
7. Select TERMINAL TO TECH 2 PROGRAMMING.
8. Select DONE and follow instructions on the Techline terminal to Handheld Communications Setup screen.
9. Select THEFT MODULE RE-LEARN.
10. At the summary screen, select PROGRAM. The terminal will then download information to the Tech 2 scan tool.
11. Disconnect the Tech 2 scan tool from the Techline terminal.
12. Connect the Tech 2 scan tool to the DLC on the vehicle.
13. At the Tech 2 scan tool main menu, select SERVICE PROGRAMMING.
14. Answer the question prompted by the Tech 2 scan tool, then select RE-LEARN.
15. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the BCM will be prepared for re-learn.
16. A security timer will be on for approximately 10 minutes. During the 10 minute wait period, the Tech 2 scan tool must remain connected to the
17. When the PCM and BCM are prepared to re-learn, turn the ignition switch off.