Gran Fury V8-318 5.2L VIN K 2-bbl (1982)
Brake Switch (Cruise Control): Testing and Inspection
1. Disconnect connector at switch pigtail and connect suitable 12 volt source to either terminal.
2. Connect a test lamp from other terminal to ground. Test lamp should light when brake pedal is in normal position and should go off when brake
pedal is depressed to a maximum of approximately 3/8 - 1/2 inch after proper adjustment as outlined under "Brake Switch Adjustment" in
individual car chapters.
SERVO UNIT LOCKING COIL TEST, 1982 MODELS
1. Turn ignition to "Accessory" or "On" position and move slide switch to the "On" position.
2. Momentarily disconnecting and connecting the double connector at the servo terminals should produce a clicking sound in the servo. Replace
servo if no clicking sound is heard.
SERVO UNIT HOLDING COIL & LOW SPEED SWITCH TEST, 1982 MODELS
1. Without removing either connector at the servo, place a test lamp probe to the white with red tracer terminal, and other probe to ground.
2. Vehicles equipped with RWD, block front wheels, then raise and support rear of vehicle. On vehicles equipped with FWD, block rear wheels, then
raise and support front of vehicle. Position transmission gearshift lever to Drive or high gear and accelerate engine to 35 mph with speed control
slide switch in the "On" position.
3. Depress and release speed "Set" button. The speed should vary around 35 mph and test lamp should remain on until brake pedal is depressed to
disengage the system. Test light should go off when brake pedal is depressed.
4. Remove test lamp.