Gran Fury V8-318 5.2L VIN K 2-bbl (1982)
Backup Lamp Switch: Service and Repair
Neutral Safety Switch
1. Unscrew switch from transmission case, allowing fluid to drain into a container.
2. Move shift lever to ``Park'' and then to ``Neutral'' positions and inspect to see that switch operating lever is centered in switch opening in case.
3. Screw switch into transmission case and torque to 24 ft. lbs.
4. Add fluid to proper level.
5. Check to see that switch operates only in ``Park'' and ``Neutral.''