Plymouth Workshop Manuals
PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Brakes and Traction Control > Disc Brake System > Brake Caliper > Component Information > Service and Repair > Removal and Installation > Page 2535
2. Dip new piston seal in clean brake fluid and install in groove in bore. Seal should be positioned at one area in groove and gently worked around
the groove, using fingers, until properly seated. Make sure that fingers are clean. Never use an old piston seal. (Be sure seal is not twisted or
3. Coat new piston boot with clean brake fluid leaving a generous amount inside of boot.
Fig 16 Installing Piston Through Boot
5. Install piston into bore pushing it past the piston seal until the piston bottoms in the bore.
Fig. 13 Dust Boot Installation
6. Position the dust boot in the counterbore. Using a hammer and Tool C-4690 with handle C-4171, or equivalent, drive the boot onto the
CAUTION: Force must be applied uniformly to avoid cocking.
7. Install brake hose to caliper using new seal washers.
NOTE: Before installing caliper assembly on vehicle, inspect braking disc runout and thickness.
Cleaning, Inspecting & Honing Caliper
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|