PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Water Pump: Service and Repair
When it becomes necessary to remove a fan clutch of the silicone type, the assembly must be supported in the vertical position to prevent
leaks of silicone fluid from the clutch mechanism. This loss of fluid will render the fan clutch inoperative.
V8-318 (5.2L) & V8-360 (5.9L)
1. Drain cooling system, then remove battery from vehicle.
2. Remove radiator, if equipped with A/C.
3. Loosen alternator adjusting strap bolt and pivot bolt.
4. Loosen power steering and air pumps, if equipped, then remove all drive belts.
5. On engines less A/C, remove alternator bracket attaching bolts from water pump, then swing alternator out of way.
6. On engines with A/C, remove alternator, adjusting bracket and power steering pump attaching bolts and position aside.
7. On all models, remove fan blade, spacer or fluid unit, pulley and bolts as an assembly.
8. Disconnect heater and bypass hoses, then remove A/C compressor pulley and field coil assembly, if equipped.
9. Remove water pump to compressor front mount bracket attaching bolts and bracket.
10. Remove water pump attaching bolts, then the water pump.
11. Reverse procedure to install.