PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Front Steering Knuckle: Service and Repair
EXC. MOTOR HOME & 4 WHEEL DRIVE
1. Block brake pedal in up position.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove front wheels, then the caliper retainer and anti-rattle spring assembly.
4. Remove caliper from disc and position disc aside, then remove inboard shoe. Do not allow caliper to hang or be supported by hydraulic brake
5. Remove hub cap, cotter key, nut, washer and outer bearing.
6. Slide disc from steering knuckle. Use caution not to damage steering knuckle thread, bearing or oil seal when removing disc.
7. Position suitable jack under outer end of lower control arm, then disconnect tie rod at steering knuckle arm using tool No. C-3894-A or equivalent.
8. Separate steering knuckle and steering knuckle arm from ball joints.
9. Remove splash shield attaching bolts, if equipped, then the brake adapter attaching bolts, steering knuckle arm and steering knuckle together.
10. Reverse procedure to install noting the following:
a. Torque steering knuckle arm to steering knuckle attaching bolts to 215 ft lb for 5/8-19 bolts or 225 ft lb for 3/4-16 inch bolts.
b. Torque ball joint nuts to 135 ft lb for upper and lower 11/16-16 inch nuts or 175 ft lb for 3/4-16 inch nuts.
c. Torque tie rod end attaching nut to 45 ft lb for 1/2-20 nuts, 55 ft lb for 9/16-18 nuts or 75 ft lb for 5/8-18 nuts.
d. Torque anti-rattle spring fasteners to 180 inch lbs.