PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Suspension Spring ( Coil / Leaf ): Service and Repair
Front Coil Spring Replace
VANS, WAGONS & FRONT SECTIONS
1. Block brake pedal in up position.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove front wheels, then the caliper retainer and anti-rattle spring assemblies.
4. Remove caliper from disc and position caliper aside, then remove inboard shoe. Do not allow caliper to hang or be supported by hydraulic
5. Remove shock absorber, upper bushing and sleeve, then the strut.
6. Install spring compressor tool No. DD-1278 finger tight, then back off one half turn.
7. Remove cotter keys and ball joint nuts.
8. Install ball joint breaker tool No. C-3564-A or equivalent over lower ball joint stud, then set tool securely against upper ball joint stud.
9. Tighten tool to apply pressure against upper ball joint stud, then strike knuckle with hammer to loosen stud.
10. Remove tool, then slowly loosen coil spring compressor until all tension is relieved from spring.
11. Remove spring compressor and spring.
12. Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Torque ball joint nuts to 135 ft lb for upper and lower 11/16-16 inch nuts or 175 ft lb for 3/4-16 inch nuts.
b. Inboard shoe anti-rattle spring should be installed on top of retainer spring plate. Torque retaining clips to 180 inch lbs.