PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Wheel Bearing: Adjustments
EXC. MOTOR HOME & 4 WHEEL DRIVE
1. Torque adjusting nut to 360-480 inch lbs. for Vans, Wagons and Front Sections or 90 inch lbs. for Ramcharger, Trail Duster and
Conventional Cabs while rotating wheel.
2. Stop wheel from rotating, then back off adjusting nut to completely release bearing preload.
3. Tighten adjusting nut finger tight, then install locknut and cotter key. End play should be 0.0001 to 0.003 inch.
4. Clean grease cap, coat inside with suitable wheel bearing grease and install cap. Do not fill cap with grease.
1. Rotate wheel and tighten adjusting nut until a slight binding is felt.
2. Back off adjusting nut so that the nearest slot indexes with the cotter pin hole in the spindle. Never back off adjusting nut less than half
the distance from one slot to the next slot.
3. Install cotter pin to locknut and ensure that wheel rotates freely.