Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Brakes and Traction Control > Disc Brake System > Brake Rotor/Disc > Component Information > Service and Repair > Rotor Removal and Installation > Page 3582
1. Thoroughly clean the rotor mounting surface on the front face of the hub flange.
Caution: Use care when installing the caliper on the caliper adapter, to ensure the seals on the caliper guide pin bushings do not get damaged.
5. Carefully position the caliper and brake shoes on the caliper adapter by hooking lower or upper end of caliper under the machined abutment on the
caliper adapter. Then rotate the caliper into position at the opposite end of the caliper adapter.
Caution: Extreme caution should be taken not to cross thread the caliper guide pin bolts.
6. Install the caliper mounting bolts and tighten to a torque of 27 Nm (20 ft. lbs.).
repeat the tightening sequence to the full specified torque of 135 Nm (100 ft. lbs.).
9. Install the center cap on the wheel
10. Remove jackstands or lower hoist.
Note: Before vehicle is moved after any brake service work, pump the brake pedal several times to insure the vehicle has a firm brake pedal.
During service procedures, grease and other foreign material must be kept off disc brake caliper, rotor and external surfaces of the hub.
Wheel Center Cap Removal
2. Remove the center cap from the wheel. Center cap is removed by inserting a trim stick into the notch on the center cap and prying it off the wheel.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|