Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Brakes and Traction Control > Hydraulic System, Brakes > Brake Master Cylinder > Component Information > Service and Repair > Master Cylinder Bleeding > Page 3645
Brake Master Cylinder: Service and Repair
Caution: Stored vacuum in the vacuum booster must be pumped down before removing the master cylinder from the vacuum booster. This is
1. With the engine not running, pump the brake pedal until a firm pedal is achieved.
Master Cylinder Primary And Secondary Brake Tube
2. Remove the primary and secondary brake tubes from the master cylinder outlet ports. Install plugs in the master cylinder outlet ports.
Caution: Before removing the master cylinder from the vacuum booster, the master cylinder and vacuum booster must be thoroughly cleaned.
3. Clean the area where the master cylinder attaches to the vacuum booster. Use only a solvent such as Mopar Brake Parts Cleaner or an equivalent.
Master Cylinder Mounting To Brake Booster
4. Remove the 2 nuts mounting master cylinder to vacuum booster.
Caution: The master cylinder is used to create the seal for holding vacuum in the vacuum booster. The vacuum seal on the master cylinder MUST
6. Remove the vacuum seal from the mounting flange of the master cylinder. Do not pry the seal off the master cylinder by inserting a sharp tool
between the seal and master cylinder casting.
Caution: When installing the master cylinder on a vehicle, a NEW vacuum seal MUST be installed on the master cylinder.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|