Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Engine > Seals and Gaskets, Engine > Valve Guide Seal > Component Information > Service and Repair > Cylinder Head Off > Page 1426
Valve Guide Seal: Service and Repair
1. Perform fuel pressure release procedure before attempting any repairs.
hold valves into place while servicing components.
9. Using Tool MD 998772A with adapter 6527 or equivalent, compress valve spring and remove valve locks, retainer, and valve spring.
Valve Stem Seal - Removal
10. Remove valve stem seals by using a valve stem seal tool.
against top of guide. When installing the valve retainer locks, compress the spring only enough to install the locks.
Valve Seal Garter Spring
CAUTION: Do not remove garter spring around the seal at the top of the valve stem seal.
12. Follow the same procedure on the remaining 5 cylinders using the firing sequence 1-2-3-4-5-6. Make sure piston in cylinder is at TDC on the valve
spring that is being covered.
13. Remove spark plug adapter tool.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|