Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Brake Light Switch: Service and Repair
Stop Lamp Switch
1. Depress and hold the brake pedal while rotating stop lamp switch in a counter-clockwise direction approximately 30°.
2. Pull the switch rearward and remove from its mounting bracket.
3. Disconnect wiring harness connector from stop lamp switch.
Note: Prior to installing stop lamp switch into bracket, the plunger must be moved to its fully extended position using procedure in Step 1.
1. Hold stop lamp switch firmly in one hand. Then using other hand, pull outward on the plunger of the stop lamp switch until it has ratcheted out to
its fully extended position.
2. Connect the wiring harness connector to the stop lamp switch.
3. Mount the stop lamp switch into the bracket using the following procedure. Depress the brake pedal as far down as possible. Then install switch in
bracket by aligning index key on switch with slot at top of square hole in mounting bracket. When switch is fully installed in bracket, rotate switch
clockwise approximately 30° to lock switch into bracket.
Caution: Do not use excessive force when pulling back on brake pedal to adjust the stop lamp switch. If to much force is used, damage to the
stop lamp switch or striker can result.
4. Gently pull back on brake pedal until the pedal stops moving. This will cause the switch plunger to ratchet backward to the correct position.