Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Knock Sensor: Service and Repair
The engine uses one knock sensor. The sensor is bolted into the cylinder block, directly below the intake manifold.
1. Remove intake manifold plenum and intake manifold.
2. Disconnect electrical connector from knock sensor.
3. Use a crows foot socket to remove the knock sensor bolt.
1. Install knock sensor. Tighten bolt to 10 Nm (7 ft. lbs.) torque. Over or under tightening effects knock sensor performance, possibly causing
improper spark control.
2. Attach electrical connector to knock sensor.
3. Install intake manifold plenum and intake manifold.