Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Powertrain Management > Tune-up and Engine Performance Checks > Spark Plug > Component Information > Testing and Inspection > Page 2004
Spark Plug: Service and Repair
Always remove the spark plug boot by grasping at the spark plug boot, turning the boot 1/2 turn and pulling straight back in a steady motion.
1. Prior to removing the spark plug, spray compressed air around the coil area and spark plug.
2. Remove electrical connector from ignition coil.
On 3.5L engines, it is necessary to loosen the screws by alternating back and forth. Do not lose the spacers under the coil when loosening the
3. Remove 2 fasteners from ignition coil.
4. Remove ignition coil.
5. Remove rubber boot from spark plug.
6. Remove the spark plug using a quality socket with a rubber or foam insert.
7. Inspect the spark plug condition. Refer to Spark Plug Condition.
1. To avoid cross threading, start the spark plug into the cylinder head by hand.
2. Tighten spark plugs to 28 Nm (20 ft. lbs.) torque.
3. Install rubber boot onto ignition coil.
4. Install ignition coil and boot onto spark plug.
5. Install coil screws an tighten to 6.7 Nm (60 in. lbs.).
6. Connect the electrical connector.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|