Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Powertrain Control Module: Service and Repair
Reprogramming Mileage and VIN
If the Powertrain Control Module has been changed and the correct VIN and mileage have not been programmed, a DTC will be set in the ABS, Airbag
and SKIM modules. In addition, if the vehicle is equipped with a Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (SKIM), Secret Key data must be updated to enable
For ABS and Airbag Systems:
1. Enter correct VIN and Mileage in PCM
2. Erase codes in ABS and Airbag modules.
For SKIM Theft Alarm:
1. Connect the DRB to the data link connector.
2. Go to Engine, Misc. and place the SKIM in secured access mode, by using the appropriate PIN code for this vehicle.
3. Select Update the Secret Key data, data will be transferred from the SKIM to the PCM (this is required to allow the vehicle to start with the new
4. If three attempts are made to enter secured access mode using an incorrect PIN, secured access mode will be locked out for one hour. To exit this
lock out mode, leave the ignition key in the Run/Start position for one hour. Ensure all accessories are turned off. Also monitor the battery state
and connect a battery charger if necessary.