Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Restraint Systems > Air Bag Systems > Clockspring Assembly / Spiral Cable, Air Bag > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > Page 4663
Clockspring Assembly / Spiral Cable: Service and Repair
WARNING: Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable before beginning any airbag system component removal or installation
1. Turn the steering wheel until the front wheels are in the straight-a head position before starting the procedure.
before further service.
3. Remove the Driver Airbag Module as described in this group.
6. Remove move tachometer. Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds to gain access to the clockspring wire harness connectors.
7. Disconnect the wire harness connector between the clockspring and the instrument panel wire harness, located near the base of the steering
8. To remove the clockspring, lift the locating fingers of the clockspring assembly from the steering column as necessary. The clockspring cannot be
repaired. It must be replaced if faulty, or if the Driver Airbag Module has been deployed.
1. When installing the clockspring, snap the clockspring onto the steering column. If the clockspring is not properly positioned, refer to Clockspring
Centering in this group before installing the steering wheel.
2. Connect the clockspring wire harness connector into the instrument panel wire harness.
wheel onto the formations on the inside of the clockspring. Pull the wire harnesses from the clockspring through the upper and lower holes in the
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|