Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Sensors and Switches > Sensors and Switches - Powertrain Management > Sensors and Switches - Fuel Delivery and Air Induction > Throttle Position Sensor > Component Information > Specifications > Page 515
Throttle Position Sensor: Service and Repair
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Throttle Position Sensor
2. Disconnect the TPS electrical connector.
1. The throttle shaft end of the throttle body slides into a socket in the TPS. The socket has two tabs inside it. The throttle shaft rests against the tabs.
When indexed correctly, the TPS can rotate clockwise a few degrees to line up the mounting screw holes with the screw holes in the throttle body.
2. After installing the TPS, the throttle plate should be closed. If the throttle plate is open, install the sensor on the other side of the tabs in the socket.
3. Attach electrical connector to the TPS.
4. Connect the negative battery cable.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|