Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
6. Remove nut mounting the valve stem of the pressure sensor/transmitter to the wheel. Drop the pressure transmitter down into the tire.
CAUTION: When breaking the top and bottom bead of the tire off the wheel, care must be used so the bead breaking mechanism on the tire
changer does not damage the wheel. This includes the surface of the wheel flange on the inside of the wheel.
7. Using the tire changer manufacturers procedure, first break down the upper bead of the tire. Then break down the bottom bead of the tire.
CAUTION: The wheel and upper bead of the tire must be thoroughly coated with tire mounting lubricant compound before attempting to dismount
the upper bead from the wheel. Failure to do this will cause damage to the bead of the tire and the wheel.
NOTE: When mounting the wheel on the tire changer, the wheel must be mounted so that no damage will be done to the wheel when dismounting
8. Mount the wheel on the tire changer per the tire changer manufacturers instructions.
9. Thoroughly coat entire upper bead of tire and all surfaces around the full edge of the wheel with tire mounting compound.
Protective sleeves are to be used on the tire irons to protect the wheel from damage when dismounting the tire
When dismounting the upper bead of the tire from the wheel, the tire iron MUST be positioned on the bead block of the tire changer.
10. Dismount the upper bead of the tire from the wheel. When dismounting the upper bead from the wheel, position as much tire sidewall as possible,
opposite of the bead block, off the flange of the wheel and down into the well of the wheel.