Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Automatic Transmission Dipstick - Dipstick Tube: Service and Repair
1. When performing the fluid suction method, make sure the transaxle is at full operating temperature.
2. To perform the dipstick tube fluid suction method, use a suitable fluid suction device (Vacula or equivalent).
3. Insert the fluid suction line into the dipstick tube.
NOTE: Verify that the suction line is inserted to the lowest point of the transaxle oil pan. This will ensure complete evacuation of the fluid in the
4. Follow the manufacturers recommended procedure and evacuate the fluid from the transaxle.
5. Remove the suction line from the dipstick tube.
6. Add 4 Quarts of MOPAR ATF+4 Type 9602 transaxle fluid.
7. Start the engine and allow it to idle for a minimum of one minute. With the parking brake applied, press your foot on the service brake and cycle
the transaxle from park to all gear positions ending in neutral or park.
8. Check the transaxle fluid level and add an appropriate amount to bring the transaxle fluid level to 3mm (1/8 inch) below the ADD mark on the
9. Recheck the fluid level after the transaxle is at normal operating temperature. The level should be in the HOT range.