Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Automatic Transmission/Transaxle > Fluid - A/T > Component Information > Specifications > Page 3190
Fluid - A/T: Service and Repair
NOTE: Only fluids of the type labeled MOPAR ATF+4 (Automatic Transmission fluid) Type 9602 should be used. A filter change should be made
NOTE: If the transaxle is disassembled for any reason, the fluid and filter should be changed.
1. Raise vehicle on a hoist. Place a drain container with a large opening, under transaxle oil pan.
position, ending in the park or neutral position.
7. Add sufficient fluid to bring the level 1/4 inch above the bottom hole of the dipstick. Room temperature oil (70°F.) set at this level will expand
(when heated to 180°F.) to a level within the hot range (Fig. 11).
8. Recheck the fluid level after the transaxle has reached normal operating temperature (180°F.).
Fluid Level Check Using DRB
NOTE: Engine and Transaxle should be at normal operating temperature before performing this procedure.
1. Start engine and apply parking brake.
30,000 Mile Transaxle Oil Change
When a vehicle attains 30,000 miles on its odometer it is recommended that the transaxle oil be changed. To change the oil, use the procedure that
It is recommended that a transaxle fluid exchanger (ATF 2000+ or equivalent) be used to replace the used fluid in the transaxle. If a fluid exchanger is
CAUTION: Chrysler Corporation does not recommend using any fluid exchanger that introduces additives into the transaxle.
Transaxle Fluid Exchanger Method
1. To perform the transaxle fluid exchange, the transaxle must be at operating temperature. Drive the vehicle till it reaches full operating temperature.
with the machine.
5. Once machine has completed the fluid exchange. Check the fluid level and condition and fill to proper level with MOPAR ATF+4 Type 9602.
NOTE: Verify that the transaxle cooler lines are tightened to proper specifications. Cooler line torque specification is 2 Nm (18 inch lbs.).
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|