Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Automatic Transmission/Transaxle > Fluid Pump, A/T > Component Information > Specifications > Page 3208
Fluid Pump: Service and Repair
When a transaxle failure has contaminated the fluid, the oil cooler(s) must be flushed. The cooler bypass valve in the transaxle must be replaced also.
WARNING: WEAR PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR THAT MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS OF OSHA AND ANSI Z87.1-1968. WEAR
1. Remove cover plate filler plug on Tool 6906. Fill reservoir 1/2 to 3/4 full of fresh flushing solution. Flushing solvents are petroleum based
solutions generally used to clean automatic transmission components. DO NOT use solvents containing acids, water, gasoline, or any other
2. Reinstall filler plug on Tool 6906.
4. Using Special Tool # 8193, disconnect the cooler lines at the transmission (Fig. 13).
NOTE: When flushing transmission cooler and lines, ALWAYS reverse flush.
5. Connect the BLUE pressure line to the OUTLET (From) cooler line.
stabilize below 20 psi. If flow is intermittent or exceeds these pressures, replace cooler.
8. Turn pump OFF.
10. Turn pump ON for 30 seconds to purge flushing solution from cooler and lines. Turn pump OFF.
transmission cooler and lines. Turn pump OFF.
13. Disconnect alligator clips from battery. Reconnect flusher lines to cover plate, and remove flushing adapters from cooler lines.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|