9-7X V8-6.0L (2008)
Accumulator HVAC: Service and Repair
Air Conditioning Accumulator Replacement
J 39400-A Halogen Leak Detector
1. Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging (See: Service and Repair/Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging).
2. Disconnect the electrical connector from the A/C pressure switch.
3. Remove the A/C low pressure switch.
4. Remove the nut (3) retaining the accumulator (4) to evaporator (1).
5. Remove the compressor suction hose assembly from the accumulator.
6. Remove and discard the O-ring seals.
7. Remove the accumulator clamp nut.
8. Remove the accumulator from the vehicle.
Important: If replacing the accumulator, add the refrigerant oil to the accumulator. Refer to Refrigerant System Capacities (First Design
Compressor) (See: Specifications/Capacity Specifications/Refrigerant System Capacities (First Design Compressor))Refrigerant System
Capacities (Second Design Compressor) (See: Specifications/Capacity Specifications/Refrigerant System Capacities (Second Design
Compressor)) for the capacity information.
1. Install the accumulator to the vehicle.
2. Install the accumulator into the accumulator clamp.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.
3. Install the accumulator clamp nut.
Tighten the nut to 10 Nm (88 in. lbs.).
4. Install the A/C low pressure switch.
Tighten the A/C low pressure switch to 5 Nm (44 in. lbs.).
5. Install new O-ring seals. Refer to O-Ring Replacement (See: Coupler HVAC/A/C Coupler O-ring/Service and Repair/O-Ring Replacement).
6. Install the accumulator to the evaporator.
7. Install the accumulator retaining nut.
Tighten the nut to 28 Nm (21 ft. lbs.).