Impreza RS Coupe AWD F4-2.5L DOHC (1998)
2. Carefully cut the tie wrap. Unravel the button wiring and pull button away from harness.
3. Remove the button housing by turning it counter-clockwise.
4. Using a drill with a 5/16" bit, carefully drill a hole in the left lower dash trim, below the diagnostic connector (white arrow). Hold the diagnostic
connector harness clear of the drill bit. Drill the hole from the inside of the panel to prevent burrs or scratches.
5. Clear away any burrs or plastic debris from both sides of the hole.
6. Insert the button into the hole from behind. Secure the button from the front by re-attaching the button housing. Turn clockwise to tighten.
D. System Power-Up and Programming
1. The system will not operate until the following steps are completed.
a. Re-connect the negative battery cable.
b. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position (do not start the engine).
c. Insert the 10-amp fuses into the module WHITE/BLACK and PINK wires.
d. Open the driver's door before proceeding any further.
e. Press and hold the programming button.
In fifteen (15) seconds the door locks will cycle three (3) times to indicate that the system is in the transmitter programming mode. DO
NOT release the programming button.
Press the LOCK button two (2) times on one of the transmitters.
The door locks will cycle each time a button is pressed to confirm programming.
g. Repeat step 6 for the second transmitter.
h. Release the programming button and turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position.
E. Installation Testing
Note: If an incorrect response to test procedure is observed, refer to the corresponding installation step and verify installation.
1. Close all vehicle doors (with dome switch set to "doors" - middle position).
2. Press the LOCK button on one of the remote transmitters.
a. All vehicle doors will lock.
b. The parking lights will flash once.
3. Press the UNLOCK button on one of the remote transmitters.
a. The driver's door will unlock.