Legacy GT LTD Sedan AWD F4-2.5L SOHC (2001)
Electronic Brake Control Module: Service and Repair
1. Disconnect ground cable from battery.
2. Remove air intake duct from engine compartment to facilitate removal of ABSCM&H/U.
3. Use an air gun to get rid of water around the ABSCM&H/U.
CAUTION: The contact will be insufficient if the terminal gets wet.
4. Pull off the lock of the ABSCM&H/U connector to remove it.
5. Disconnect connector from ABSCM&H/U.
CAUTION: Be careful not to let water or other foreign matter contact the ABSCM&H/U terminal.
6. Unlock cable clip.
7. Disconnect brake pipes from ABSCM&H/U.
CAUTION: Wrap brake pipes with vinyl bag to avoid spilling brake fluid on vehicle body.
8. Remove ABSCM&H/U ground terminal from bracket.
9. Remove ABSCM&H/U from engine compartment.
ABSCM&H/U cannot be disassembled. Do not attempt to loosen bolts and nuts.
Do not drop or bump ABSCM&H/U.
Do not turn the ABSCM&H/U upside down or place it on its side.
Be careful to prevent foreign particles from getting into ABSCM&H/U.
Apply a coat of rust-preventive wax (Nippeco LT or GB) to bracket attaching bolt after tightening.
Do not pull harness when disconnecting connector.
1. Install ABSCM&H/U.
CAUTION: Confirm that the specifications of the ABSCM&H/U conforms to the vehicle specifications.
18 Nm (1.8 kgf-m, 13.0 ft. lbs.)
2. Install ABSCM&H/U ground terminal to bracket.
32 Nm (3.3 kgf-m, 24 ft. lbs.)