Outback F4-2.5L (2008)
4) Using TORX (R) bit E5, remove the four screws of VDCCM.
NOTE: These screws cannot be reused.
5) Slowly pull out the VDCCM upward from the H/U.
NOTE: To prevent damaging of coil section, remove the VDCCM straight up from H/U without twisting.
6) Make sure there is no dirt or damage on the sealing surface of the H/U.
Do not clean the VDCCM & H/U by applying compressed air.
Even if damage is found on the H/U seal, do not attempt repair by filing or with a metal scraper. To remove the seal residue, always use a
plastic scraper. Do not use chemical such as paint thinner, etc., to clean.
7) Position the coil of the new VDCCM to align with the H/U valve.
8) To prevent deformation of the VDCCM housing cover, hold the corner of VDCCM and install it to the H/U without tilting.
9) Using a TORX (R) bit E5, attach/tighten new screws in the order of (1) through (4).
CAUTION: Always use new screws.
10) Check that there is no foreign matter in mating surface between the VDCCM & H/U.
11) Using a TORX(R) bit E5, tighten the screws in the order of (1) through (4) again.
Tightening torque: 3 N-m (0.3 kgf-m, 2.2 ft-lb)
12) Check that there is no gap in the mating surface between VDCCM & H/U.