Outback F4-2.5L (2008)
Air Bag Control Module: Service and Repair
Airbag Control Module
Do not disassemble the airbag control module.
If the airbag control module is deformed or if the fault occurs by water, replace the airbag control module with a new part.
Do not drop the airbag control module.
After removal, keep the airbag control module on a dry, clean surface away from moisture, heat and dust.
1. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
2. Disconnect the ground cable from battery and wait for at least 20 seconds before starting work.
3. Remove the center console.
4. Remove screws and pull out the audio unit assembly, and disconnect the connector for removal.
5. Disconnect the connector from airbag control module.
6. Remove the bolts and remove airbag control module.
Do not reuse the bolt and nut.
Always use new bolts and nuts for them.
Be sure to put the water protection cover over the connector.
Install in the reverse order of removal.
Tightening torque: 25 N.m (2.5 kgf.m, 18.1 ft.lb)