Tribeca F6-3.6L (2008)
Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision: Service and Repair
Inspection Locations After a Collision
Replace the following parts when the airbag is deployed.
1. FRONT COLLISION
1. Driver's airbag module
2. Passenger's airbag module
3. Driver's seat belt (Pretensioner)
4. Passenger's seat belt (Pretensioner)
5. Airbag control module
6. Front sub sensor (L/R)
7. Roll connector
8. Instrument panel (for integrating with passenger s airbag module)
9. Passenger's side seat cushion pad and frame assembly
2. SIDE COLLISION
1. Airbag control module
2. Side airbag module (operating side seat backrest)
3. Side airbag sensor (operating side)
4. Curtain airbag module (operating side)
5. Curtain airbag sensor (operating side)
3. INSPECTION OF OTHER PARTS
Check for the following parts, and replace the damaged parts with new parts.
1. Steering wheel and steering shaft Check the steering shaft for mounting conditions and deflection of front and rear, upward and downward
directions, and deflection of front and rear direction with tilt lever released. (After a collision, there is a good chance that the shock absorbing
part of steering shaft may have operated.)
2. Check the connectors of airbag module, pretensioner, etc. for damage, and also check each harness for pinch and connector damage. Replace
the harness as a unit if damage is found.
3. Check the seat cushion pad and frame, backrest, seat rail and headrest for deformation, distortion, crack, and installing condition and play.
4. For passengers seat, replace the seat cushion pad frame assembly with new one if the seat cushion pad and frame assembly is deformed or
5. If there are tears or loosening in the passenger side seat cushion cover, it may interfere with the proper operation of the passenger detection
system. Replace with a new cushion cover.
6. Be sure to perform the system calibration for the occupant detection system after removing or replacing the passenger seat cushion cover.
Failure to do so may cause improper operation of the passenger detection system.
7. Use the Subaru Select Monitor to check whether the drivers seat position sensor and the drivers and the front left/right seat belt buckle
switches are operating normally.
If the vehicle is involved in a collision, even if it is a slight collision, be sure to check the following systems.
1. DRIVER'S AIRBAG MODULE
1. Check for the following, and replace the damaged parts with new parts.
Airbag module is cracked or deformed.
Harness and/or connector is cracked, deformed or open. Harness wire is exposed.
The module surface is fouled with grease, oil, water or cleaning solvent.
2. When installing a new driver s airbag module, check for the following, and replace the damaged parts with new parts.
The steering wheel is in the way, making it difficult to install the airbag module.
The clearance between the driver s airbag module and steering wheel is not constant.