Equator 2WD V6-4.0L (2009)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Drive Axles, Bearings and Joints > Axle Bearing > Component Information > Service and Repair > Rear (C200 Type) > Page 2692
9. Strike the bearing ring retainer using a suitable chisel and hammer, with the chisel positioned across the drilled hole. Break the bearing ring
retainer to remove it.
CAUTION: Do not heat or cut the axle shaft bearing or bearing ring retainer with a torch during removal, doing so will damage the axle
10. Remove the axle shaft bearing cage studs using a suitable hammer or press.
Tool number: 205-D002 ( - )
Do not tighten the Tool against the axle shaft.
Do not heat or cut the axle shaft bearing or bearing ring retainer with a torch during removal, doing so will damage the axle shaft.
12. Remove the axle oil seal and discard.
CAUTION: Do not reuse the axle oil seal. The axle oil seal must be replaced every time the axle shaft assembly is removed from the axle
13. Remove the wheel bearing cage.
If reinstalling the old axle shaft, it may not be necessary to remove the ABS sensor rotor. Inspect the ABS sensor rotor and replace as
The ABS sensor rotor cannot be reused after it is removed. If replacing the axle shaft, install a new ABS sensor rotor on to the new axle shaft.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
Clean and remove all nicks and burrs.
Check for straightness and distortion. Replace if necessary.
Inspect machined surfaces for evidence of overheating, damage and wear. Replace if necessary.
Measure the bearing ring retainer axle journal diameter. Replace if necessary.
Axle Shaft Bearing and Cup
Check that the axle shaft bearing and cup roll freely and are free from noise, cracks, pitting and wear. Replace if necessary.
Axle Shaft Bearing Cage
Check for deformation and cracks. Replace if necessary.
Axle Shaft Housing
Check the exterior and inner machined surfaces for deformation and cracks. Replace if necessary.
1. If installing a new axle shaft, install a new ABS sensor rotor onto the new axle shaft.
CAUTION: Do not reuse the old ABS sensor rotor.
2. Install the studs in the axle shaft bearing cage using a suitable hammer or press.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|