Opel / Vauxhall Inspection System as of Model Year 1994 1/2
Corsa - B, Astra - F, Vectra / Cavalier, Calibra, Omega - B
The production of the "Inspection System" brochure as of Model Year 1994 1 / 2 has been delayed.
The "Inspection System" brochure will be delivered within the next few weeks.
The following excerpts from the "Inspection System" brochure provide information about the main alterations and additions to the rochure and the required time allowances.
Sample check lists are also included.
Service Maintenance Booklet
- Format approx. DIN A7, for Corsa - B, Astra - F and Omega - B.
Stored in separate compartment in glove compartment lid; for Omega - B storage compartment in instrument panel on driver's side.
- Vectra / Cavalier and Calibra retain the previous booklet format, approx. DIN A6.
Stored as previously in lower side pocket in footwell.
- All Service Maintenance Booklets contain 12 Annual Inspections or suffice for up to 180,000 km / 112,000 miles.
There is no longer a Supplemental Maintenance Booklet.
- The cut - out window of the Maintenance Booklet indicates - apart from the predelivery inspection - the due date for the next engine oil and filter change or the next due Annual Inspection. For this purpose, each voucher bears a framed section which must be stamped by the workshop with the month and year of the next due service.
Changes and new features as of Model Year 1994 1 / 2 that are to be especially noted are:
The following checks are omitted from the predelivery inspection for the Omega - B:
- Coolant Level, Check, Correct
- Engine Oil Level, Check, Correct
- Octane Number Adaptation, Check, Set Code (Knock Control)
- Automatic Transmission Fluid Level, Check, Correct
- Headlamp Adjustment, Check, Correct
These checks are performed in production and therefore do not have to be inspected during the predelivery inspection.
New Model Omega - B
Vectra / Cavalier,
Calibra - X 20 XEV
Omega - B - 20 SE
- X 20 SE
- X 20 XEV
- 25 DT
Ribbed V - belt with Automatic Tensioner
All new engines are equipped with a ribbed V - belt with automatic tensioner for driving the ancillary components.
The ribbed V - belt does not require maintenance or retightening.
The condition of the ribbed V - belt must be checked during the Annual Inspection.
Spark Plugs, Check, Replace
all DOHC engines except C 20 LET only every 4 years / 60,000 km / 37,000 miles
all OHC engines and C 20 LET every 2 years / 30,000 km / 18,000 miles
Manual Transmission Fluid Level, Check
As of MY '94 1 / 2, it is no longer necessary to check the fluid level in the manual transmission.
If there is a leak, the fluid level must be checked and the source of the leak eliminated.
A fluid level check is only required for the AR 25 / 35 transmissions if leaks are determined or complaints have been received from the customer. These transmissions do not have a fluid dipstick or fluid filler pipe; they are therefore maintenance - free for the customer. If a fluid level check or automatic transmission fluid change is to be performed, observe the Service Instructions.
An automatic transmission fluid change is only required under extreme operating conditions (e.g. police vehicles, taxis):
- Type AF 13 / 20 / 22, fluid change every 4 years / 60,000 km / 37,000 miles
- Type AR 25 / 35, fluid change every 7 years / 105,000 km / 65,000 miles
New: Toothed Belt, Replace
- every 4 years / 60, 000 km / 37, 000 miles
- all petrol engines as of Model Year'91
- all 17 D / 17 DR diesel engines as of Model Year'91 (MY'91 = M in VIN)
- with and without automatic tension roller
New: Toothed Belt, Check, Adjust
- previously every 4 years / 60, 000 km / 37, 000 miles omitted for all petrol and diesel engines as of Model Year'91 (MY'91 - M in VIN)
Unchanged: All diesel engines 15 D (4 EC 1)
15 DT (T4 EC 1)
17 D (4 EE 1)
17 DT (TC4 EE 1)
Toothed Belt, Replace
- only every 7 years / 105, 000 km / 65, 000 miles up to and including Model Year'91
- only every 8 years / 120, 000 km / 74, 000 miles as of Model Year'92
Clean Air Filter, Change, Omega - B
Four Wheel Drive
Accumulator, Replace; only every 6 years / 90, 000 km / 54, 000 miles, all with four wheel drive retroactively as of the start of production.
Brake Fluid Change
For all vehicle types as of Model Year 1994 1 / 2, a brake fluid change is required only every 2 years.
This has applied for the Corsa - B since Model Year 1993 1 / 2.
Coolant Change, 25 DT Engine
For the 25 DT engine, the coolant must be changed every 4 years.
This change must be confirmed consecutively in the special stamp spaces at the rear of the Maintenance Booklet, regardless of whether performed during the Annual Inspection or at any other time.
Batteries, Replace, for Infrared Remote Control
The Omega - B is the first model to be available with an infrared remote control for activating 7 deactivating the
- central door locking system,
- mechanical anti - theft device,
- electronic immobilizer and
anti - theft warning system.
To ensure that the infrared remote control is functional at all times, the batteries contained in the vehicle key must be changed annually. This change must be confirmed consecutively in the special stamp spaces at the rear of the Maintenance Booklet, regardless of whether performed during the Annual Inspection or at any other time.
New Engine Oil Quality: API - SH
Time Allowance: Dewaxing, Predelivery Inspection
Time Allowance: Engine Oil and Filter Change
RHD = Right - hand drive
Time Allowance: Opel / Vauxhall Annual Inspection
Time Allowance: Opel / Vauxhall Annual Inspection
1) Fluid change only required under extreme operating conditions.
Repl = Replace
Corn = Correct
Repl. = replace
Corr. = correct
Power st. = Power steering