Volkswagen Workshop Manuals
Eos (1F7) V6-3.2L (BUB) (2008)
Accessories and Optional Equipment > Antenna > Global Positioning System Antenna > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > Audio/Navigation/GPS - Antenna Diagnosis Overview > Page 6666
to Diagnostic Checks with Digital Volt Meter.
Diagnostic Checks with Digital Volt Meter
Spare part coaxial cable 280cm (9 ft) or longer
AM/FM adapter (000098713) for AM/FM complaints on RNS-510, RCD-510, RNS-315, RCD-310
Test 1: Ruling out the radio as the problem
1. Disconnect the antenna from the radio that is related to the customer complaint. Keep the radio quad lock connector plugged in. Verify the inner pin
on the antenna connection at the radio is not bent or missing. If damaged, the radio must be replaced.
2. Plug in the known good coaxial cable. Use adapter 000098713, if necessary.
3. With the DVOM set on DC voltage, find out the voltage output from the radio. To do this, place the ground side on the outer portion of the coaxial
cable and the positive side on the inner tip.
4. If no voltage is being seen, swap in a known good radio to verify findings. If confirmed, replace radio.
Test 2: Ruling out the coaxial cable to the antenna as the problem (AM/FM)
1. Disconnect the test coaxial cable and reconnect the factory cable.
2. Disconnect the coaxial cable at the antenna side. Use ElsaWeb for directions how to access connection.
3. Carefully ground center wire of coaxial cable to chassis. If reception returns, coaxial is good. Proceed to Test
3. If reception is weak proceed to next step.
4. Perform the same test checking voltage at the coaxial cable of the antenna connection.
5. If the voltage is not within the range, the coaxial cable needs to be replaced. Otherwise proceed to Test 3.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|