Eos (1F7) V6-3.2L (BUB) (2008)
Verify remote has not lost synchronization.
DTC 00956, No or Incorrect Basic Settings/Adaptation is a direct result of lost synchronization. Additionally, loss of only 1 remote's functionality
can be a result of DTC 00956.
Synchronization is not a warrantable concern.
(A5) Jetta, GTI/Rabbit/R32, Eos,
- Switch ON ignition with spare key.
Tiguan, Jetta Sport Wagen
- Unlock driver door manually by inserting main key in driver door lock cylinder.
- Press unlock button once on remote.
- Remove spare key from ignition lock cylinder.
- Close driver door and verify remote functionality.
(B6) Passat Sedan, Wagon, & CC
Tip: Care must be taken when removing cover from door handle to expose lock cylinder.
- Unlock driver door manually with emergency key (spare).
- Switch ON ignition with main key.
Touareg & Phaeton
- Unlock driver side door manually using door lock cylinder.
- Switch ON ignition.
(B5) Passat, Passat Wagon
- Press lock or unlock button (ONE TIME) for one second.
(A4)Golf/Jetta (including Wagon)
- Vehicle remains locked.
- Control unit recognizes only one key code via the master key.
- Lock or unlock vehicle with MASTER KEY.
New Beetle/New Beetle Convertible - Procedure is complete.
If remote is still inoperative, perform the following:
Remove battery from remote; see Repair Manual Group 57 - Front doors, Central locking system, Central locking system, in ElsaWeb.
Perform a capacitive discharge by pressing down for 5 seconds any button on remote with battery removed.
Install new battery and reassemble remote in reverse order.
Observe polarity of battery when installing. The positive terminal is marked in the remote housing and on battery.
Verify operation of remote.
If remote remains Inoperative, perform ALL of the following:
Remove new battery and verify surface voltage is at least 3.0 V
Perform an additional capacitive discharge by pressing down any button on remote for 5 seconds while battery is removed. This will erase the
battery memory of the remote.
Reinstall new battery. Reassemble remote in reverse order. Verify red LED is illuminating when a button is pressed.