Jetta GL L4-1.9L DSL Turbo (ALH) (2001)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service and Repair
When working on the airbag system, the vehicle battery ground (GND) strap must be disconnected. No waiting time is necessary after disconnecting the
battery. When connecting the airbag system to a voltage source no person can be present inside the vehicle.
Steps for performing repairs on airbag system.
1. Disconnect battery ground (GRD) strap.
2. After installing/repairing of components is completed, switch on ignition.
3. Close doors.
4. Connect battery ground strap.
Visual and functional check of airbag warning light system.
- The warning light must light for approximately 3 seconds when the ignition is switched on.
- The warning light must switch off after approximately 3 seconds and then not light again or flicker during a road test.
Observe additional service precautions.
See: Restraint Systems/Air Bag Systems/Service Precautions