Passat Sedan V6-3.6L (BLV) (2008)
Control Module: All Technical Service Bulletins
A/T - 'PRNDS' Indicator ON/DTC's Set/Emergency Mode
38 08 01
Oct. 16, 2008
Transmission, "PRNDS" Indicator Illuminated in Instrument Cluster
Automatic transmissions may switch to emergency mode when DTCs are present.
DTCs are displayed correctly on VAS 5051/5052 Scan Tool:
Multi-function switch - F125
Solenoid valve 1 - N88
Solenoid valve 2 - N89
Solenoid valve 3 - N90
Solenoid valve 4 - N91
Solenoid valve 5 - N92
Solenoid valve 6 - N93
Solenoid valve 9 - N282
Solenoid valve 10 - N283
Illumination of "PRNDS" Indicator may be caused by:
1. Multi-function switch implausible signal or solenoid valve (N88, N89, N90, N91, N92, N93, N282, N283) open/short to b+, open/short to ground
or electrical fault in circuit.
2. DTC 00293 caused by damaged wiring between TCM and T10 connector to multi-function switch.
3. Remaining DTCs may be caused by damaged wiring between TCM and T14 connectors.
No production change required.
1. Connect VAS 5051/5052 Scan Tool to view fault memory and run through Guided Fault Finding (GFF) test plan.
2. Read fault memory and run through (GFF) test plan.