Vanagon F4-1915cc 1.9L (Water Cooled) (1983)
If performing the tire rotation procedure does not correct the drift to one side, the alignment must be checked.
Perform four wheel (front and rear) alignment
During alignment checks/adjustments obtain alignment printouts (for example, before and after adjustments). Make copies of printouts and retain with
R.O. when submitting warranty claim.
- Road test vehicle and verify complaint
- Check and correct front and rear wheel alignment according to specifications.
- Use only optical wheel alignment equipment
Wheel alignment checking requirements
- Check that vehicle is NOT equipped with unidirectional tires (designed to run in one direction only)
- Ensure alignment equipment is properly calibrated
- Ensure vehicle is at curb weight (fuel tank full, spare tire and jack in place)
- Check tire pressures and adjust as necessary according to tire inflation specification label on car
- Position car properly on alignment equipment and bounce suspension several times
- Check steering, steering linkage and suspension for excessive play and/or damage, repair as necessary