Chevrolet Workshop Manuals
C 3500 Truck 2WD V8-379 6.2L DSL (1988)
Powertrain Management > PROM - Programmable Read Only Memory > Component Information > Service and Repair > CALPAK > Page 3601
PROM - Programmable Read Only Memory: Service and Repair
1. Remove ECM from vehicle.
2. Remove ECM access cover.
3. Remove PROM using the rocker-type PROM removal tool shown. Engage one end of the PROM carrier with the hook end of the tool. Press on
the vertical bar end of the tool and rock the engaged end of the PROM carrier up as far as possible. Engage the opposite end of the PROM carrier
4. Inspect the reference end of the PROM carrier and carefully set aside. Do not remove the PROM from the carrier to confirm PROM correctness.
The notch in the PROM is referenced to the small notch in the carrier. The small notch of the carrier must be aligned with the small notch in the
5. Install PROM by pressing on the PROM carrier until it is firmly seated in the socket. Do not press on the PROM, only the carrier.
6. Install ECM access cover.
7. Install ECM and perform a DIAGNOSTIC CIRCUIT CHECK to confirm proper installation.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|