Chevrolet Workshop Manuals
Corvette V8-6.2L (2008)
Powertrain Management > Computers and Control Systems > Oxygen Sensor > Component Information > Diagrams > Diagram Information and Instructions > Page 4048
pulling it through. This will prevent damage to the internal seals of the connector. Once the terminal is pushed out of the connector, cut the wire as
Terminal Repair Procedure
The Micro-Pack 100W connectors have small terminals that are difficult to handle and hold when crimping. In order to aid the technician when crimping
1. Cut the wire as close to the terminal as possible.
Important: After cutting the damaged terminal from the wire, determine if the remaining wire is long enough to reach the connector
2. Strip 5 mm (3/16 in) of insulation from the wire.
3. Depress the spring loaded locator of the J 38125-101 (W jaw) crimping tool until the terminal holder is completely visible.
4. Insert the terminal into the crimp tool until the core wings are flush with the anvil on the crimp tool. Be sure that the wings are pointed toward the
crimp tool former and release the spring locator. The locator will hold the terminal in place. Inspect the alignment of the terminal wings with the
5. Place stripped wire into terminal.
Terminal Replacement Procedure
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|