Chevrolet Workshop Manuals
Express 3/4 Ton Van V8-4.8L VIN V (2003)
Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Accessories and Optional Equipment > Accessory Delay Module > Component Information > Diagrams > Diagram Information and Instructions > Page 32
4. Insert the Weather Pack(r) terminal removal tool into the front (mating end) of the connector cavity until it rests on the cavity shoulder (1).
IMPORTANT: Never use force to remove a terminal from a connector.
6. Inspect the terminal and connector for damage. Repair as necessary.
10. Perform system check.
Repairing Connector Terminals
REPAIRING CONNECTOR TERMINALS
J 38125-C Terminal Repair Kit
Use the following repair procedures in order to repair the following:
Push to Seat terminals
Pull to Seat terminals
Weather Pack(r) terminals
Some terminals do not require all of the steps shown. Skip the steps that do not apply for your immediate terminal repair. The J 38125-C contains further
1. Cut off the terminal between the core and the insulation crimp. Minimize any wire loss.
For Weather Pack(r) terminals, remove the seal.
2. Apply the correct seal per gage size of the wire.
For Weather Pack(r) terminals, slide the seal back along the wire in order to enable insulation removal.
3. Remove the insulation.
For Weather Pack(r) terminals, position the strip and seal in the terminal.
6. Hand crimp the core wings.
For Weather Pack(r) terminals, hand crimp the insulation wings around the seal and the cable.
8. Solder all of the hand crimp terminals excepting Micro-Pack 100 World terminals. Soldering Micro-Pack 100 World terminals may damage the
Circuit Protection - Circuit Breakers
CIRCUIT PROTECTION - CIRCUIT BREAKERS
A circuit breaker is a protective device that is designed to open the circuit when a current load is in excess of the rated breaker capacity. If there is a short
Circuit Breaker: This type opens when excessive current passes through it for a period of time. It closes again after a few seconds, and if the cause of
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|