Dakota 4WD V6-3.9L VIN X (1997)
Power Window Switch: Service and Repair
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Power Window And Lock Switches Remove/Install
2. Using a wide flat-bladed tool such as a trim stick, gently pry the upper edge of the power lock and power window switch bezel to release the snap
clip retainer that secures the bezel to the door trim panel.
3. Pull the switch bezel away from the door trim panel far enough to access the wire harness connectors.
4. Gently pry the locking tabs of the wire harness connectors away from the switches and carefully unplug the switches.
5. Using a wide flat-bladed tool such as a trim stick, gently pry the sides of the switch cavity on the back of the switch bezel to release the power
window switch from the bezel.
6. Reverse the removal procedures to install. When installing the switch bezel to the door trim panel, insert the rear of the bezel into the trim panel
opening, then push down on the front of the bezel until the retaining tab snaps into place.